West Liberty, Iowa

After having a tire blow out on I-5 it was recommended to us by a local that we get a replacement at Les Schwab in Grants Pass, Oregon. Yes, the service was fast (although they misplaced the keys). But they were specifically instructed to put two new tires on the front and the two best ones on the back after it was obvious that another tire was in bad shape. They also told us we needed new brakes and that they were about worn away. Neither of us driving had noticed anything remotely wrong with the brakes so we declined (especially since the bill would have been something like $700!).

We were already 3 hours behind schedule on our trip back to Iowa so we didn't stop to check their work. When we stopped 150 miles or so later we noticed that they had put the other worst tire on the front right, causing us to have to stop for the night in Lakeview, Oregon and lose money on a reservation we'd made in Nevada.

There was a Les Schwab store in Lakeview so we went there hoping they would make amends for what had happened at the other store. Instead, the manager there told us that our brakes were shot and would be screaming by the time we got to Winnemucca.

He also tried to sell us 4 new tires, when we had just had two new ones put on the day before! WTF? Not to mention the tires cost twice as much as they should, and even more than that if you add in the lost cost of the motel room. What a bunch of ***.

I think they saw Iowa plates and three women and thought they could scam us out of a thousand dollars. And the brakes are fine.

Had an Experience with Les Schwab Tire Centers?

Comments