I went to the Les Schwab center in Stayton, OR this morning, to get a battery for my 1987 Nissan Pathfinder. Old but it is useful here on the farm. The battery was old and no longer hold or take a charge. I took the battery in to have it replaced, carrying it in a black plastic battery carrying box. the salesman Johnathan brought me a battery. I asked him where was my carrying box, and he went to retrieve it from the shop. I asked, "where is the lid for the box?" and he said I didn't bring one. I said, "I sure did", so he went out and finally found it. I paid $ 111.95 for this battery, took it home and tried to hook it up. The wires wouldn't reach the terminals, as the polarity of the battery was reversed. So I called and complained, they said bring it back. That's a 40 mile round trip in my truck which gets about 10 mpg.

So I take it back and I am told the correct one is $18. more. I complained and he let me swap it for the new one. I asked if they had terminals, as my old ones were corroded and the bolts snapped off. He said non in stock, try an automotive store. I got the new terminals and take it home. connect them and the attach the battery. Nothing happens when the key is turned on.

I got out my old VOM volt meter. It shows no voltage on the new battery, I add a battery charger, just to see if the meter is okay and it says 18 volts on a 60 volt range. So I called back and describe what happened, and I was told by a young lady that it had to be charged, as they get them in weekly charged.

I beg to differ. I have it charging now and will go test it in a few hours time. A very poor and frustrating experience.

Product or Service Mentioned: Car Battery.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 01.

Comments