Villa Ridge, Illinois

We recently did business with 2 Les Schwab tire places: Grant's Pass, OR and Lake View, OR. Both presented us with a bid for replacing all 4 brakes when we came to pick up the car. Both told me the brakes wouldn't last till I got home to Iowa.

The second one made me especially mad, because he really tried to scare me, telling me it would be dangerous to drive through the mountains and that I wouldn't make it 200 miles, that my brakes were metal on metal, etc.

The first one was less insistent, but more incompetent. Instead of replacing the bald tire that I wanted to get rid of, they replaced a perfectly good one and left the bald one on the car (which is why I had to stop at the second place).

Luckily, I had sked my mechanic to check my brakes before I left on the trip, so I wasn't duped (but I was scared all the same). In any case, we made it home to Iowa (2000+ miles) and the brakes are still working fine! And by the way, the Les Schwab tires cost me about double what they would have cost me at home. These people are SCAM ARTISTS!!

Had an Experience with Les Schwab Tire Centers?

Comments

Brakes Plus - Oil Change Review from Denver, Colorado Brakes Plus "Went in for a routine oil change. While waiting two other customers came in to pick up their cars and they both had other "issues". I heard the manager on..." Read more Les Schwab Tire Centers - Les Swab Chinese TOYO tires VS US or Japan Toyo tires Les Schwab Tire Centers "Les Swab sold me their top of the line Open Country TOYO tires. However, they failed to tell me there was a difference between the Chinese Open Country Toyo tire..." Read more City Wide Engines - Car Repair Review from Atlanta, Georgia City Wide Engines "I came into this place a month ago & has been a nightmare ever since. It's been almost 5 weeks later and I still don't have my car due to..." Read more Havoline Xpress Lube #1027, Woodstock, GA - Fraud and Scammers Havoline "On 06/23/2017, my nieces took my 2005 Kia Sportage to Havoline Xpress Lube for an oil change and check of the brakes. Later that day and shortly after picking up..." Read more Marks Work Wearhouse - Denver Haynes pants left me with chemical burns Marks Work Wearhouse "I bought a few pairs of their Mia pants and wore them without washing them first. They have a little warning about dye transfer that I found later. What happened..." Read more Walmart Cell phone Insurance/ cricket wireless Walmart "In 2016 I purchased 2 cricket LGEscape 2's. I included the additional purchase for each phone the Walmart Care Protection plan. This week both phones ended up with issues making..." Read more Triton Boats - Unwanted step child of boats Triton Boats "I bought a 2010 Triton Storm new. First boat. Loved it until the cracks began. Several cracks in structural areas. My certified welder says there are signs of insufficient welds..." Read more Bravo Sports - Canopy fails catastrophically in rain Bravo Sports "I Left a canopy up over a couple of days of light rain. The canopy support members failed and the canopy collapsed. The unit was a few weeks old, but..." Read more