Villa Ridge, Illinois

We recently did business with 2 Les Schwab tire places: Grant's Pass, OR and Lake View, OR. Both presented us with a bid for replacing all 4 brakes when we came to pick up the car. Both told me the brakes wouldn't last till I got home to Iowa.

The second one made me especially mad, because he really tried to scare me, telling me it would be dangerous to drive through the mountains and that I wouldn't make it 200 miles, that my brakes were metal on metal, etc.

The first one was less insistent, but more incompetent. Instead of replacing the bald tire that I wanted to get rid of, they replaced a perfectly good one and left the bald one on the car (which is why I had to stop at the second place).

Luckily, I had sked my mechanic to check my brakes before I left on the trip, so I wasn't duped (but I was scared all the same). In any case, we made it home to Iowa (2000+ miles) and the brakes are still working fine! And by the way, the Les Schwab tires cost me about double what they would have cost me at home. These people are SCAM ARTISTS!!

Had an Experience with Les Schwab Tire Centers?

Comments

Auto Glass Now - DON'T TAKE YOUR CAR HERE!! Auto Glass Now "Took my Lexus to have front windshield replaced after poor experience with Safelite. I made appointment prior day, and arrived at scheduled time. Waited 3 hours only to be told..." Read more AGERO - INTENTIONAL FRAUD, DECEIT AND FAILURE TO PROTECT LIFE AND SAFETY OF CONSUMERS! Agero "On or about 6/6/2017, I contacted "Mercury Insurance's Emergency Tow," for a towing. I had to contact them approximately 6-7 times to send me a Tow Company whom was at..." Read more Les Schwab Tire Centers Tire Services Review from Nampa, Idaho Les Schwab Tire Centers "Very unhappy So unhappy if they don't do what's right??Never use them ever !!No integrity so far!!And very displeased!!no one knows what to do !! Must resolve ..." Read more Les Schwab Tire Centers - Tire Cracks Les Schwab Tire Centers "I stopped by the local Les Schwab store to ask about the side wall cracks on my front Toyo tires that I bought from Les Schwab that have 14,000 miles...." Read more Don't use Tradesy. Tradesy "I purchased a piece of luggage from EEG Closet on Tradesy and boy was I fooled... The luggage description said that it was gently used and had two scuff marks...." Read more Gearbest - Changed price - have to pay more than advertised Gearbest "I bought a smartwatch. It was advertised as RM68.28. shipping is RM14. When in the payment page, I selected to use my GB wallet, which RM79, click to use GB..." Read more Little Caesars - NEGATIVE MARKETING FOR LITTLE CAESER'S PIZZA Little Caesars "To person who verbalized the negative nature of this described Little Caesar Commercial; I agree with you. This commercial is absolutely the most thoughtless regarding Father & Son. There is..." Read more Bosley - Not good at all Bosley "It happened 2 years ago, in Feb, I believe. I paid 14k to have 2,500 grafts put in. I went back a year later was kinda happy with the results..." Read more