While having my tires rotated at my local Pendleton Oregon Les Schwab Tire Center I was told I needed new shocks, struts and springs all of which Les Schwab carried.I went ahead and had Les Schwab perform this service, for about $1000.00.

The rear of the vehicle was noticeably higher and I was told that was because my old springs were worn. I was also told that all four rotors had about 5% left and that would cost another grand (which I did not have at the time). When my mechanic looked at the car he said driving the vehicle was hazardous and would cause more harm to the vehicle as my car is now about 6 inches higher than stock and the camber can not be adjusted correctly. Also, my mechanic told me my rotors had over 75% left on them.

Les Schwab said they would purchase new springs for the car, recognizing their mistake, but could not find any to fit my car. When I found the springs they said they would not put them on as they only put on parts that Les Schwab carries (none of which fit my car). I asked if they would take their springs back and apply the cost to a new set of tires. Les Schwab said no.

Since Les Schwab does not carry the correct springs, they will not guarantee their labor or parts that they installed. Many thousands of dollars spent at Schwab over the years but I am now done. Batteries going dead after a year then getting a new one (on warranty) but having to pay 20% of the cost due to using the battery for a year.

Too bad really, for the most part I had been happy with the company.

Review about: Les Schwab Tire Centers Part Replacement.

Had an Experience with Les Schwab Tire Centers?

Comments