I own a 1999 Ford Expedition and on Feb 2, 2007 Les Schwab on 3235 West 5400 South in Taylorsville, Utah replaced my rear brakes and rear shocks. On Feb 9, 2011 I had my vehicle in for its semi annual maintenance checks and service. The mechanic at that shop informed that the passenger rear shock was upside down. He also told me the last mechanic who replaced my rear brakes last left on the brake line hose clamp.
I had the repair shop take pictures of the mistakes so I could show them to Les Schwab, when I arrived at Les Schwab I was greeted by an employee, who asked, "can I help you?" I said, "yes, I have a problem", and showed him the pictures. I then told him the story about the other shop and another employee came over and looked at the pictures. He told me, some shocks are installed in that position and that it may look upside down, but in fact could have been installed the right way. I kind of looked at him with a bewildered look on my face. I'm thinking, "wow this guy thinks I'm an ***."
When I asked about the brake clamp, the second employee asked if anything on the truck was damaged because of the clamp, nothing was. But I told him, that isn't what concerns me. I was more concerned that because brakes are one of the MOST important safety device on the vehicle, I was worried about the times I transported my family and what would of happened if something bad occurred and me and my family were injured. He said nothing did, so it's not that big of a deal. WELL I THINK IS IS A BIG DEAL!! Come on you can't tell me my family isn't a big deal.
I can think of at least twice over the last 4 years, I had gone to Les Schwab about the rear of my truck rocking too much when I go over bumps, but both times, and nothing was done. I was told everything was fine. That is how trucks are supposed to ride. I also remember that when I did have the shocks replaced, I had to take the truck back the next day because when I went over bumps it would hit hard and there was not cushion. Well, they forgot to turn the air compressor for the airbags back on after they replaced the shocks.
Another employee asked me what I wanted, I was dumbfounded at this question, because honestly I was so upset, I didn't know what I wanted. They ended up warranting the rear shocks and gave me two packages of the meat promotion they have going on.
I want to be reimbursed for the inconvenience this has caused me, I spent an hour in the shop having the rear shocks replaced.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Rear Break
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "I visited Jiffy Lube Store #3399 in Arlington, TX, on November 8, 2015, for a regular oil change. I drive a 2013 Toyota Camry, and opted for full synthetic since..."
- "I Took My 1995 Honda Civic Painted at Maaco at 2617 Lathrop Ave Racine W 53405. The Original Paint Job Was Purple Factory Color... I told them I want civic..."
- "went in to have tire checked at the Renton Les Swaub. just had whole front end of vehicle repainted a month ago. washed and waxed car yesterday and there was..."
- "#OmegaXL #Sponsored By taking OmegaXL it has helped to reduce the pain in my shoulders, joints, and knees. Now, I am able to move more freely and OmegaXL is..."
- "I purchased a MoneyPak card to add money to my PaychekPlus card (the card my paycheck loads onto). This card is supposed to be compatible with MoneyPak (according to GreenDot..."
- "So very disappointed with you. 1) called before placing my order online. I wanted to confirm that they could be delivered that day. And during a time they could be home...."
- "Brand new Avenger leaks every time it rains. I bought it 6 minths ago from McGeorges RV and have had numerous leaks every time it rains. The manufacturer will not..."
- "I took my daughter and 3 of her friends to Sky Zone in Florence, AL. Before I attempted the Warrior Course, I asked the girl that was working the section..."
- "The flowers i got delivered to my fiance were pretty, BUT they were super small and in my eyes dont look anything compared to their picture. Delivery was on time..."