I own a 1999 Ford Expedition and on Feb 2, 2007 Les Schwab on 3235 West 5400 South in Taylorsville, Utah replaced my rear brakes and rear shocks. On Feb 9, 2011 I had my vehicle in for its semi annual maintenance checks and service. The mechanic at that shop informed that the passenger rear shock was upside down. He also told me the last mechanic who replaced my rear brakes last left on the brake line hose clamp.
I had the repair shop take pictures of the mistakes so I could show them to Les Schwab, when I arrived at Les Schwab I was greeted by an employee, who asked, "can I help you?" I said, "yes, I have a problem", and showed him the pictures. I then told him the story about the other shop and another employee came over and looked at the pictures. He told me, some shocks are installed in that position and that it may look upside down, but in fact could have been installed the right way. I kind of looked at him with a bewildered look on my face. I'm thinking, "wow this guy thinks I'm an ***."
When I asked about the brake clamp, the second employee asked if anything on the truck was damaged because of the clamp, nothing was. But I told him, that isn't what concerns me. I was more concerned that because brakes are one of the MOST important safety device on the vehicle, I was worried about the times I transported my family and what would of happened if something bad occurred and me and my family were injured. He said nothing did, so it's not that big of a deal. WELL I THINK IS IS A BIG DEAL!! Come on you can't tell me my family isn't a big deal.
I can think of at least twice over the last 4 years, I had gone to Les Schwab about the rear of my truck rocking too much when I go over bumps, but both times, and nothing was done. I was told everything was fine. That is how trucks are supposed to ride. I also remember that when I did have the shocks replaced, I had to take the truck back the next day because when I went over bumps it would hit hard and there was not cushion. Well, they forgot to turn the air compressor for the airbags back on after they replaced the shocks.
Another employee asked me what I wanted, I was dumbfounded at this question, because honestly I was so upset, I didn't know what I wanted. They ended up warranting the rear shocks and gave me two packages of the meat promotion they have going on.
I want to be reimbursed for the inconvenience this has caused me, I spent an hour in the shop having the rear shocks replaced.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Rear Break
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "After 6 weeks of waiting and 6k in repairs our 97K forest River RV was returned in horrible condition. No walk through to confirms repairs just pay the cashier and..."
- "For years I have always had excellent service with the Burien Les Schwab store. I recommended you to a neighbor family. Their son, Jesse Ritchie bought 2 tires from your..."
- "I came into this place a month ago & has been a nightmare ever since. It's been almost 5 weeks later and I still don't have my car due to..."
- "I was sent a t-shirt that had a poor print job. The image and lettering were faded and there were no sharp edges as there should have been. ..."
- "The state of Utah moved to shut down these telemarketer scam artists by filing multiple felony charges against Aaron Vincent Christner and Ryan Scott Jensen. Hopefully this will help keep..."
- "ordered two dresses based off their size charts. one is size of a top so i wear it as such, would've liked it to have been a dress as the..."
- "They do not respect lifetime warranty. I bought these HID Low and High beam. I did had a replacement about a year after I bought. And next year after still do..."
- "I HAVE USED FROM YOU FLOWERS 3 TIMES. THE 1ST TIME I SENT 3 PLANTS TO TN. I SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE ON BEING SATISFIED SINCE 1 OF THE..."
- "Around Sept 30, 2015, I started Roca Labs. The picture on the right was April 22, 2015, the one on the left was March 16, 2016. The regimen was the..."