I went to the Les Schwab in Springfield, Oregon.I paid $1050 for a new set of tires because I was traveling out of state and wanted to make sure that I would make it since I was by myself with my 3 small children.

The person that was supposed to be taking care of my truck did not. I made it to Burns, Oregon when my drivers side wheel fell off. The back drivers side tire was about to fall off as well. Due to the neglegince of that Les Schwab my children and myself could have died in a roll-over.

Thank God that did not happen.I will NEVER go to Les Schwab again, they do not know how to do thier job nor treat their customers.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Had an Experience with Les Schwab Tire Centers?

Comments

Hi my name is James and this happen to me and wanted to take them to court and wanted to know your situation to help me win this case

We just had this same thing happen to us today.All lug nuts fell off and the rear driver's side wheel fell off.

Luckily, we were on a street at 25 miles per hour, but we had just gotten off the freeway because something didn't feel right. Had we kept going on the freeway and had the wheel fall off, it would have been tragic.

It's been over 4 hours now, a $130 towing bill, and we are still waiting for Les Schwabe to fix the problem.The whole wheel is ruined, the wheel, the spindle, the tire, but thank GOD not the family.

Time to re-tireMost stteas's laws say that tires are legally worn out when they have 2/32 or less tread depth remaining.All tires sold in North America have wear bars in the grooves between the tread that are, you guessed it, 2/32 tall.

So when the wear bars are even with your tread, it's definitely time to replace those tires.Realistically speaking, once a tire drops below 4/32 it can no longer effectively displace water on a wet road, and and a resulting loss of control becomes a real danger. If you live somewhere where it snows, consider replacing your tires when they reach approximately 6/32 of remaining tread depth.Figuring it outOK, great. So the tread is taller than the wear bars. How do I figure out just how much tread is actually left?

Well, you could go out and buy a . They aren't that expensive and give a nice accurate reading. However, says you probably have all the tools you need to measure your tires' tread right in your pocket.Dig in there and pull out a penny and a quarter. Now you're set.Take a penny and place Abe head down into the grooves of the tire.

As long as part of his head is covered by the tread, you've got more than 2/32 remaining. Repeat in several areas to be sure.Grab a quarter and put George head down into the grooves. Repeat in several areas. As long as part of his head is always covered by the tread, you've got more than 4/32 of tread remaining.

And he cannot tell a lie.Now take that penny again,...