Les Schwab Tire Centers - West Seattle Les Schwab store refuses to replace Tire.

26 of 533 Les Schwab Tire Centers reviews

For years I have always had excellent service with the Burien Les Schwab store. I recommended you to a neighbor family. Their son, Jesse Ritchie bought 2 tires from your West Seattle Store about 3-4 months ago. One tire went flat because of a gash on the tire just adjacent to the tire tread. Jesse took it to the West Seattle Store and he was told 5/14/16 that it was caused by someone slashing his tire and therefore was not under warranty. He then bought another tire. I and his Mother went to the store with him and told them we thought this was unfair because nobody knows how this tire was damaged. When we looked at the tire and it appeared that due to the location of the RF tire damage this was quite possibly road inflicted damage. Please see for yourself. I have attached a picture of the tire in question and the receipt for the tire purchase. Jesse Ritchie read and agrees to this report. Thank you for your consideration.

Bill Campbell

206-244-2319

Jesse Ritchie

206-432-7477

Marilyn Ritchie

206-420-8923

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

• What I liked
    • Polite employees
  • What I disliked
    • Not honoring guarantee plain and simple
    • Unwillingness to make things right
    • Do not look at facts of claim

Reason of review:
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
26 of 533 Les Schwab Tire Centers reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Jun 19 #1175293

Yes notice where the tire is separating right along where the tread is fused and how it tore down its a bad tire all the way! I have been retreading tires for 30 years and that is what happens when it is not put together right and usually occurs from the initial molding and it gets air in there or the rubber is contaminated somehow it appears like a cut but its actually from friction and the rubber denigrates where it is seamed from a second heating process where the tread is attached or in retreading is the attached and formed into the tire finished product... On truck tires its from retreading to many times and the tire can have slow leaks or split and even fully come off the side wall... The tire was driven on when the slash began you can see the rolling in the rubber on the gash....

Tireman

Jun 19 #1175286 Gardnerville, Nevada, United States

Classic tread separation... I know this because I have had it happen with Goodyear years ago where I had partial and total failure and on the total I was unable to recover the entire tire which resulted in them denying my claim which was obviously a defective tire and saw many vehicles coincidentally at the time pulled over on the highway that were my exact model with the same tires and the same problem... The thing is this happens all to often and when there are enough complaints to the authorities then that is the only way they own up... The worst thing is if they took your tire they likely warranted it with the manufacturer and got themselves an extra tire to sell the next guy for free.. These chain stores operate on an owner operator basis.. The corporation skims their profits and will not budge unless forced to on warranty and why the local stores are not all the same either... I suggest buying your tires wholes sale that way you warranty is with the manufacturer whom probably knew they had a bad batch and would have sent you a new tire... They have local tire dealers often as their go between so its no different than just going to a chain store...

May 29 #1165967

I have owned a large tire store for years. I have over 30 years experience dealing with customers with all types of tire concerns. This MC-440 tire has clearly been slashed. I would have told one of my customers the same thing. Just turn the tire in to your insurance...they will reimburse you for vandalism. If they don't your insurance is not very good. Les Schwab is not to be blamed for your tire being knifed.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.